Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Baked Acorn Squash w Brown Sugar Butter

Baked acorn squash with brown sugar butter is a favorite side. I bake it in the oven along with whatever else I'm roasting for dinner; roast chicken or roast pork. I can also bake it in my toaster oven when we're having grilled steak, chicken or pan-grilled pork chops like tonight. If I'm in a hurry I can always pop it into the microwave for about 5 minutes. Put it on a plate cut side down first until tender, then turn and add brown sugar and butter and cook another minute to melt. It's also good savory with just butter, salt and pepper.

Baked Acorn Squash
1 acorn squash serves 2
cut each squash in half lengthwise
scoop out the seeds with a spoon
place squash cut side up in baking pan
put a pat of butter into each half-about 1/2-1 T
add about 1 T brown sugar to each half
Bake at 400 for about 45 minutes, until tender
(check by piercing with the tip of a knife)
or at 350 for about 1 hour if your baking
along with a roast at that temperature.

I'm linking to FoodieFriday, Facebook,
Savvy Southern Style,
Between Naps On The Porch

4 comments:

  1. Yum-O! I love roasted squash. I made a maple glazed acorn squash not long ago. It was fabulous. If you want to take a look, here's the post.

    http://butteryum.blogspot.com/2010/01/maple-glazed-acorn-squash.html

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love squash, too, but I tend to make mine more savory than sweet. This looks nice and easy. - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess Theme from a Summer Place will always be my favorite song! Loved the cute table and recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess Theme from a Summer Place will always be my favorite song! Loved the cute table and recipes!

    ReplyDelete