Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Roast Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce

This tender and flavorful pork tenderloin 
roast is made even more delicious with a 
simple pan sauce. Just marinade and roast. 
 Add all the marinade ingredients to a
zip bag and smoosh to mix. Add the pork and
smoosh to coat it all over. Press out the air and
 close the bag. Refrigerate for a few hours.
 Remove the pork from the bag and
save the remaining marinade. Roast @400º
for about 30 minutes. I like to use my
cast iron skillet. It gives it a good sear.
 There are always 2 tenderloins in a package and
one is always bigger than the other, so if yours is
the smaller one, just roast for a little less time.
Once it's nice and browned, remove it to a warm
platter. Let it rest while you make the pan sauce.
Place the skillet on medium heat; add the broth
and whisk to scrape up all the browned pieces. 
Add the reserved marinade and bring to a 
 simmer and let reduce for 2-3 minutes.  
 Whisk in the  butter and keep warm on low.
 Slice the tenderloin and spoon on the sauce.
Be sure to spoon extra sauce on each serving.
I served this with sweet potatoes and
oven-roasted brussel sprouts.
For the sweet potatoes I just microwaved
them for 4-6 minutes until tender. Then
I topped with  butter and brown sugar.
The brussel sprouts  were tossed with a little
olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted along with
 the tenderloin for the last 20  minutes,
shake the pan halfway to toss.
I used my cast iron pans for the tenderloin and
the brussel sprouts. 

Roast Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce
 1-lb pork tenderloin
2 T olive oil
2 T soy sauce
1 T brown sugar
1 T red wine vinegar
1 T lemon juice
1 T Worcestershire saauce
1 t dried parsley flakes
1 t dry mustard
1 t garlic powder
1/4 t pepper
Add all the marinade ingredients to a Ziplock bag. 
Add the pork tenderloin and toss to coat. Seal 
and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Remove the pork 
from the bag and reserve the marinade. Roast in
 a large skillet @400º oven for 25-30 minutes.
Remove and let rest 5-10 minutes while you
 make pan sauce. Slice the roast and put
 on a platter. Spoon on sauce.
Pan Sauce:
1/2 C chicken broth
reserved marinade
A pat of butter about 1/2 T
Place the skillet on medium heat; add the broth
and scrape up all the browned pieces. Add the 
reserved marinade and bring to a simmer and let 
reduce for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in the butter. 
Remove from heat. Pour over the pork 
tenderloin slices in the platter. 

Enjoy!


Find me on Facebook too!

Links: Between Naps On The Porch

7 comments:

  1. Boy does that sound delicious. Can't wait to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must try this. LOVE your dishes..www.longaberger.com/cookiesheldon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love them too. ;) . Hope you try this and like it

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I was looking for a really good pork tenderloin recipe and your blog is on my favorites. When I saw this I couldn't wait to take a look. This sounds amazingly good and I can't wait to try this. I know my husband will love it. Thank you so very much for sharing.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have already pinned your pork tenderloin recipe to try in the next week or so. I like it that the ingredients are all things I use on a regular basis and I will not have to trot out and buy some expensive spice ( or expensive whatever) like so many recipes call for. Thank you Rita May!

    ReplyDelete