Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Ritz-Topped Swiss Chicken

Since this recipe doesn't use canned cream-of
something soup, I can easily just make 2 
breasts and cut all the ingredients in half.
Swiss cheese, sour cream, a little chicken broth
and crushed Ritz crackers make this a tasty,
no-fuss, oven ready dinner for busy nights.
 I usually have all these ingredients in
the house, so It's a nice back-up anytime
I want dinner going in 5 minutes.
Season chicken breasts and put into a greased dish.
Lay on slices of Swiss cheese.
 Spread on a layer of sour cream.
 Sprinkle the top with crushed Ritz crackers.
Drizzle the broth over the crumbs.
I use 1/2t chicken bullion in 1/2 C hot water.
Dot the top with butter.
Bake @350º for about 40 minutes.
I like this with herbed rice and a
green vegetable. 

Ritz-Topped Swiss Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts
4 slices of Swiss cheese
8 oz sour cream
16 Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 C chicken broth
1/2 C (1 stick) butter or margarine
Use some of the butter to grease a 9"x13" baking
dish. Arrange chicken in pan so that they cover
 the entire bottom of the dish. Season with salt
 and pepper to taste. Lay a slice of Swiss cheese
 to cover each breast. Spread sour cream on top.
 Sprinkle top with crushed crackers.
Drizzle the broth over the crumbs to moisten.
Dot the top with pieces of the butter.
Bake @350º for about 40 minutes
or until the crumbs are golden.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Do you think this could be a freezer meal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how well sour cream freezes. I've never frozen this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a recipe that is a lot like this one and love it...so now I am going to try this one.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good!!! I just love chicken and this will definitely be one that I make very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, we had this last night after I saw your recipe. It was divine. Absolutely mouth watering! Will you share this at Five Star Frugal this week? I'd love to have you again. Love, Mimi xxx
    http://atrayofbliss.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/five-star-frugal-15the-pink-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks very rich but oh-so-yummy! I tried to Pin it but Pinterest is flagging the link as possible Spam. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried it too. I don't know why this is happening. I'll try and contact Pinterest.

      Delete
  7. That looks decadent and delicious! We would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frustrating! Pinterest won't let me pin it either. What's their problem??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! What's their problem? I tried to pin too. Hope it doesn't continue.

      Delete
  9. Looks YUMMY!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete