Pages

Monday, August 29, 2016

Ritzy Meatloaf

I must admit that I do love meatloaf.
There's almost nothing as homey
as the smell of meatloaf in the oven.
I have several recipes that I like to rotate
that use different fillers like: breadcrumbs,
 bread, saltine crackers, oatmeal, and they
 are all good. This one uses Ritz crackers.
Using the Ritz in place of the usual 
is what makes this meatloaf just a bit
 different and very tasty. This is another
 good one to add to your recipe collection.
Crush a sleeve of crackers to make
about 1 cup. I did this in a bowl using the
bottom of a glass to crush. 
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
Put into a 5x9 loaf pan or just shape into
a loaf and place in a shallow casserole, 
Bake for 30 to 45 minutes first before
spreading on the topping. This prevents 
the topping from burning due to 
the brown sugar content. 
Combine the brown sugar, ketchup, mustard
and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
Spread it over the top and return to the 
oven for another 15 minutes. 
I'm using my vintage Corningware loaf pan. 
Makes me want to wear one of my aprons too. 
I found this pan for $2.00 thrifting.

Ritzy Meatloaf
2 lbs ground beef
1 C crushed Ritz crackers 
(about 24-26)
1 C milk
2 eggs, beaten
½ C ketchup
½ C onion, finely chopped
1 t salt
½ t pepper
½ t garlic powder
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients
until thoroughly combined. Shape into
a 5x9 loaf, or use a loaf pan. Bake @350ยบ
for 45  minutes. Spoon off excess fat.
Spread with topping.
Topping
½ C ketchup
¼ C brown sugar
½ T mustard
 T Worcestershire sauce
Combine in a small bowl. 
and bake another 15 minutes. Let rest
 15 mins before slicing and serving.


Enjoy!





6 comments:

  1. I made meatloaf last week. I am having a hard time cooking for just two. Our "kids" have moved on. I took the leftovers, mixed them with my tomato sauce and made baked ziti. I even had enough to make two and freeze one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. We're also just two. I love leftover meatloaf in sandwiches the next day.

      Delete
  2. Oh that looks good and love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's delicious. My recipe everytime I make meatloaf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what I am eating today.Pakistani Cooking Recipes are the best. I love all Pakistani Recipes and indian recipes and mostly the appetizers by zarnak sidhwa recipes

    ReplyDelete