Pages

Monday, January 28, 2019

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins

You will love these muffins!
These are the best.
They have just the right texture and are
not too sweet. Note that the oats soak
for 1 hour before continuing.
Plan ahead to bake these yummies. 
They are perfect with morning coffee
 or afternoon tea. 
Even better spread with a bit of soft butter. 
Soak the oats, milk and vinegar in a large
 bowl for an hour. Take the egg out of 
the refrigerator too
 so that it's at room temperature. 
Stir in the egg and brown sugar. 
Stir in the melted butter.
Dump the dry ingredients into a sifter
and sift into the bowl.
Add the chocolate chips. 
Gently stir everything together just
until moistened. Do not overmix. 
Preheat oven to 375º
Grease a 12-C muffin tin. I use the butter 
wrapper and a smear of butter. 
Spoon the batter into the cups evenly,
about 1/3 C each. 

Bake in preheated 375º for about 15 minutes
 or until the tops are lightly browned and 
spring back when gently touched.

 Cool in tin about 5 minutes. Run a knife
around the edges and pop the muffins out. 


Pile some in a napkin-lined basket.
         Enjoy while still warm.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins
1 C milk
1 C oatmeal
1 t white vinegar
Combine ingredients in a large bowl
and let sit for 1 hour

1 egg
1/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C butter (1 stick) melted and cooled slightly
Stir into the oatmeal mixture

1 C flour
1 t b aking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/4 t nutmeg
1/2 t cinnamon
Sift the ingredients into the bowl.

1/2 C mini chocolate chips
Add to bowl and now stir everything gently
just until everything is moistened. Do not
overmix

Preheat oven to 375º
Grease a 12-C muffin tin and evenly
spoon the batter, about 1/3 C into each cup.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until the tops are
lightly browned and spring back when gently
touched. Cool in tin about 5 minutes. Run a knife
around the edges and pop the muffins out. Eat
while warm.

* freeze muffins for upto 3 months.
* reheat a frozen muffin wrapped in a
  paper towel in the microwave for 15 seconds.
* optional add-is 1/2 C chopped pecans,
  1 C diced apple, 1 C blueberries or raspberries
  Adding fruit take a bit longer to bake.

Enjoy!




16 comments:

  1. do you leave the oats, milk vinegar mixture sit out for the hour, or in the frige?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of your blog, I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here to testify how a great man called Dr AKHIGBE helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my Herpes. I takes his product (cure) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally cure out of it, and i promised him that i will testify my healing to the whole world about how he cured me which I am very happy I'm doing now , Dr AKHIGBE also cure all kinds of diseases , HEPATITIS, A,B,C , HERPES, DIABETICS , FIBROID,ALL KINDS OF SPELL CAST ,and so much more , please you can get him contacted on his whatsapp +2349021374574 or email drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com .He can also cure the following virus (1).Herpes (2) .Cancer (3).Hepatitis (4).Hiv/aids (5).Pcos (6).Fibroid (7).COPD (8) ALS

    ReplyDelete

  4. you’re in reality a good webmaster. The website loading velocity is amazing.
    It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes i am completely concurred with this article and i simply need say this article is extremely decent and exceptionally useful article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your humoristic style is awesome, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really make it seem really easy along with your presentation

    ReplyDelete
  8. It kind of feels too complex and extremely broad for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found this paragraph at this website.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your article has answered the question I was wondering about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are articles and photos on these topics on my homepage, so please visit and share your opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exceptionally marvelous !!! When I look for this I discovered

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks For sharing such valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is something special about them.

    ReplyDelete