Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Does this pan make my butt look big?




Pork Butt Pot Roast with Gravy

 Season the pork generously with, seasoned salt, garlic salt, steak seasoning, and pepper, also beau monde, if I have it. You can season with anything you like. I like to use my cast iron roasting pan or a cast iron skillet. Roast at 350º for about an hour to brown nicely. Add water to cover the bottom of the pan  (about 1/2 C) and cover with foil. Roast another 1-1/2 hour or more until fork tender. Remove the roast to a platter. Cover loosely with the foil to keep warm while you make the gravy.
Gravy: add 2-3 T flour to the drippings in the pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring with a whisk to loosen the yummy browned bits, for 2 minutes. Add 2 C of water or broth ((you can use bullion cubes) to the pan, whisking constantly until it comes to a boil and thickens. I had 2 C of chicken broth that I saved from yesterdays chicken salad prep. Cut the roast into serving pieces and return to the pan with the gravy. Serve with; mashed potatoes or spaetzle and a green vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment