Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pork Tenderloin en Croute

This is an elegant, but easy dinner.
I got this recipe from my daughter Kim.
It's been a family favorite for years.
One tenderloin makes a special romantic
dinner for two.  Make two tenderloins
to serve six for entertaining.
It makes an elegant presentation.
Just two ingredients.
 Puff pastry sheets a
peppercorn seasoned pork tenderloin.
 One tenderloin per package already
 perfectly seasoned.
 Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
Roast for 22 minutes @350.
 Thaw the pastry sheets and roll out slightly.
Lay the pre-roasted tenderloin on 
the pastry sheet and fold over. 
 Pinch the ends to seal.
 Remove the foil from the baking pan
and spray with cooking spray.
 Place tenderloins seam side down
about three inches apart so they will
 brown evenly and have room to puff.
 Brush with egg wash.
 Bake another 30 minutes @ 350,
until the pastry isgolden brown.
 Let rest for 10 minutes.
Slice diagonally about 1" thick. 
 It will be nice and juicy.
Menu suggestions: rice pilaf, broccoli, glazed carrots.

Pork Tenderloin en Croute

1 package Pepperidge Farm puff pastry
(2 in a package)
2 peppercorn flavored pork tenderloins
egg wash (1 egg + 1 t water beaten with a fork)

Thaw the pastry for about 2 hours until
 soft enough to roll out slightly.
Place the tenderloin on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Roast @ 350 for 22 minutes
Remove the roast and discard the foil.
Spray the sheet with cooking spray.
Place a tenderloin on each pastry sheet and wrap.
 Pinch the ends closed. Place seam side down on
the sprayed pan. Brush the top with the egg wash.
Return to the oven and continue to roast for
another 30 minutes. Remove and let rest for
 10 minutes before slicing. Slice on the
diagonal into 1" thick slices.
2 tenderloins serves six

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds absolutely delicious! I'm going to try it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!! My cousin used to do it too and is yummy yummy! Once she also added spinach inside

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made something like this in the early 80's and hubby has asked for it again. I always stalled because I couldn't remember how it was done. I know I could have searched but now I don't need too. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your recipes Rita! I will be making the pork tenderloin soon. Hope you can visit and join my blog too, I'll be honored.

    Have a happy and blessed New Year.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Thank you for sharing the recipe. Happy New Year! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That looks yummy! I am definitely going to try this... and most likely for a Valentine Dinner!

    ReplyDelete