Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Good Ol' Cupcakes


I've had fancy-schmancy cupcakes from fancy-schmancy bakeries,
 but I still like my good ol' cupcakes the best.
It's ll about the homemde frosting.
I make mine using Uncle Duncie's secret recipe for the cake batter and 
my favorite recipe for the chocolate buttercream frosting.
 Mix the ingredients.
Until nice and smooth.
Use an ice cream scoop to measure batter.
Fill each paper lined cupcake pan about 2/3 full.
You'll have 24 cupcakes.
 Bake 350 for about 18 minutes.
Until golden. Remove and let cool. Frost with chocolate buttercream frosting.
 Test cupcake.
good!

Yellow Cupcakes 
1 box Duncan Hines cake mix
eggs, oil, water
Follow directions on the box.
Fill each paper lined cupcake pan 2/3 full with batter.
I use an ice cream scoop to make this easy.
Bake about 18-20 minutes at 350 until golden
 and the tops spring back when lightly pressed with your finger.
Rinse out the bowl and beaters to make the frosting.

 Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
1/2 stick butter, softened
1/3 C cocoa
2 C powdered sugar
4 T milk, or half & half
1/2 t vanilla
Combine and beat with a mixer until smooth.
Beat in vanilla last.
This is just enough frosting for 24 cupcakes.
Divide the frosting by putting a dollop on each. Then spread with a knife.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. They look sooooooo yummy. I rarely do chocolate anything because DH won't eat chocolate but I REALLY need a chocolate "fix". This looks just enough of a chocalate "fix" and I can share the rest with the grand kidlets.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look SO good! I am excited to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete