Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cathy's Curry Chicken

a.k.a known as cool curry chicken. My good friend Cathy introduced me to this delicious dish, so I've renamed it in her honor. It's a wonderful dish for company because you can prep it ahead of time and then just pop it into the oven. It's so easy to whip together. I cut the recipe in half when making it just for the two of us and have leftovers for another meal. Serve it hot over rice and cold or at room temperature the next day (hence the name cool).

Cathy's Curry Chicken  
6-8 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 stick butter
1/2 C honey
1/4 C Dijon mustard
2 T yellow mustard
1 T curry powder
1/2 lime, juiced and rind grated
1 t salt
1 clove garlic, minced

Arrange chicken breasts in single layer in a 9x13 casserole. Cut in half lengthwise if very large.
Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour over chicken.
Bake @ 350 for 35-45 minutes, basting once or twice.

Enjoy!
Rita
Links: Ekats Kitchen, Funky Junk Interiors

3 comments:

  1. I am SO making this! I LOVE curry! I'd put it on my cereal in the morning if it'd be prudent!! LOL!

    Found you from SNS at FJI!!!

    Happy Holidays!
    ~Kolein


    kitchentableproductions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a delicious way to make chicken. I love anything with curry in it. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway on my blog for Orglamix Organic makeup and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/orglamix-organic-mineral-makeup-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This looking drooling. Just loved the color of the gravy! A nice easy dinner recipe. Thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete