Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Quick Banana Muffins

Bake these for an afternoon coffee break treat.
 It will only take you 5 minutes to mix these up!
You'll need 3 over-ripe bananas.
 Mash with a mixer.
 Mix in sugar and a little cinnamon.
 Melt 5T (1/3C) butter.
  Mix in the melted butter and egg until combined. 
  I used self-rising flour, but you can use
regular flour and just add 1t baking soda
and a pinch of salt.
Lightly stir in the flour just until combined.
 Scoop into well greased muffin pan.
I scooped out 6 muffins and then added
1/4 C chopped pecans to the remaining batter
 for the last 6 muffins.
 Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes until golden.
Now pour your coffee and enjoy a warm banana muffin
 and a little butter.


Banana Muffins
3 over-ripe bananas
3/4 C sugar
1/4 t cinnamon
1/3 C melted butter
1 egg
1-1/2 C self-rising flour*
Mash the bananas with a mixer. Mix in the sugar and cinnamon. Add the egg and melted butter and mix until well combined. Lightly stir in the flour. Scoop into well greased muffin pan and bake for about 20 minutes at 400, until golden.
makes 1 dozen

(*note: in place of SR flour use regular flour and 1 t soda and a pinch salt)

6 comments:

  1. Just to let you know I love your recipes. I made the chess squares Sunday and they were a big hit. Everyone wanted the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for a banana muffin recipe that didn't require baking powder baking soda (it usually gets wasted because I don't bake much). I added craisins, sprinkle sugar on top before baking and increased butter to half cup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow its 2020 and I just made these muffins! Thank u for sharing it! My family devoured them! They are now our favorite quick muffin recipe! I also added a half cup of butter and a one cup sugar. Thanx again:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these yesterday. I had only 2 bananas so I also added an individual serving of applesauce with cinnamon and these muffins are the best I have ever made. Twelve beautiful muffins that I would proudly serve to anyone, anytime, anywhere. Thanks, Rita for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured it was time to compliment and acknowledge how wonderful these are. I’ve made these a few times already and they are tasty and perfect every time! I can only take credit for following your recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete