Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cranberry Baked Oatmeal

This is a warm crumbly oatmeal that's good 
 on a cold morning.  In South Florida that's 
anything below 60F!
 Flavored with brown sugar, cinnamon and
 fresh cranberries.
 Combine the dry ingredients.
 Melt the butter in the baking dish to grease the pan,
then pour into the wet ingredients.
 Whisk in the vanilla.
 Combine with the dry ingredients and stir
in the cranberries.
(This is half the recipe and used an 8" square pan.)
 Bake for 30 minutes. Small pan for 20.
Cut unto squares and serve.
 Top with warm cream if desired.
 Leftovers, can be reheated in the
microwave during the week.

Baked Cranberry Oatmeal
9X13 pan has 6-8 servings
3 C oatmeal
1 C brown sugar
2 t cinnamon
2 t baking powder
pinch salt
combine in a large bowl
in another bowl combine:
2 eggs
1 C milk
1 stick butter, melted
2 t vanilla
whisk together and combine with the
dry ingredients. Stir in
1 C fresh cranberries
Pour into the buttered 9X13 pan
and bake @350 for 30-40 minutes
Cut into large squares and serve with
warm cream if desired.
Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy ! WOW ! thats warm for us this time of year , hang on to your hats , here today with the wind chill was 17 below freezing ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so good. I like the idea that they can be cut into bars and also eaten throughout the week. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE everything about your blog...the content, the design, the informative links! I just started my food blog this week but I see so many things that I'm missing from my blog! You have inspired me to really learn how to design a better blog. I'm not computer savvy at all, so it will take me a long time to figure it out, but I will look to your blog for examples! I'm adding myself to your list of 'followers'...keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Yummy ! WOW ! thats warm for us this time of year , hang on to your hats , here today with the wind chill was 17 below freezing ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete