Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Quick CINNAMON Bread

Quick breads are so easy and just the right
 size for me. This is basically a coffee cake
baked in a loaf pan. It's mixed up in
just a few minutes.
This cinnamon version is
one of our favorites.
I've used real buttermilk and I've
also made it with the substitute:
1C milk + 1T vinegar or lemon juice;
let it sit for 10 minutes.
Use the butter wrapper to grease the loaf pan.
Cream the softened butter and sugar.
Then mix in the egg and vanilla. I use a
 hand mixer, but you can also use a whisk.
Add the flour, baking soda, and nutmeg.
If you love nutmeg, add more. If you 
don't like nutmeg, leave it out. I find 
that 1/2t is just right for me. 
You can mix everything using just one bowl.
Pour 1/2 the batter into your loaf pan.
Smooth out the top.
Sprinkle with about 3/4 of the cinnamon mix.
Top with the remaining batter and
remaining cinnamon mix. Pat it on a bit.
Swirl a knife through the batter once.
Bake @350º for about 45 minutes, or
 until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let sit in the pan for about 20 minutes.
Run a knife around the edge, for easy
removal. I place a paper towel over the
top before I flip it out to catch the loose
cinnamon sugar. The I use that to invert
it again right-side-up onto my platter.
Let it cool a bit and have a slice
while it is still warm. This is important. 
Your husband can assist here.
Enjoy with a cup of coffee,
 or tea.
It's good leftover the next day. You can
toast it in a toaster oven or warm it
for a few seconds in the microwave.
Either way it's a nice bread to have with
 your morning coffee or afternoon tea.

So easy to bake a loaf anytime!

Cinnamon Quick Bread
1 stick butter (1/2C)
1 C sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 C buttermilk 
2 C flour
1/2 t nutmeg
1 t baking soda
Cream the softened butter with sugar.
Mix in egg and vanilla. Add milk, flour,
nutmeg and soda. Mix until blended.
Add 1/2 of the batter to a greased loaf pan.
 Sprinkle with 3/4 of the cinnamon/sugar mix.
Spoon on the remaining batter. Sprinkle
with the remaining cinnamon mix. Swirl with
 one pass through the batter with a knife
Bake @350º for 45-50 minutes until
a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in 
pan for 20 minutes before removing.
Cinnamon Sugar Mix
1/3 C sugar
2 t cinnamon

tips: Use the butter wrapper to 
grease the loaf pan.
Buttermilk substitute:
1C milk+1T vinegar.
let stand for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!
Links: Between Naps on The Porch,
The Charm Of Home, Common Ground,
My Romantic Home, Rattlebridge Farm,

4 comments:

  1. Rita,
    This looks delicious! I can't wait to try and make some. I love cinnamon and I heard it is good for you! Your blue & whites plates are very pretty too! Nothing like sitting with my husband or a friend sharing good conversation and a tasty treat!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine, Yes cinnamon is the "healthy" part of this recipe, so is the sharing. Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rita May~ThankU so very much for this delicious receipe‼ l made it up in a flash‼ Real Keeper‼ l love all of your other receipes especially your lemon brownies and biscotti. Again-thanking you Rita for sharing all of your great receipes‼ :)) "Have a great day‼"Your fan~Lou-Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lou-Ellen for letting me know that you made a few of my recipes and they are 'keepers'. Always happy to hear. XO

    ReplyDelete