Here's a fabulous way to make your waffles
Who doesn't love strawberry shortcake?!
These don't take much effort and the presentation
is a WOW! They would also be great served as
dessert. You can make as much as you want.
Serve 2-12. Just increase the ingredients.
1. Macerate your strawberries while you
2. Whip up the waffle batter,
3. Whip the cream, and
4. Preheat the waffle iron
I always make a big batch of my Favorite Waffles
and freeze the extras for a quick breakfast.
Then I just we can pop them in the toaster.
See HERE for good tips.
Assemble: Hot waffles
Served on an oven-warmed plate, of course.
Dust the whole thing generously with
Enjoy your lovely breakfast on you patio,
or in your garden, weather permitting.
Strawberry Shortcake Waffles
Waffles (HERE's my favorite recipe)
fresh strawberries sliced
heavy cream, whipped and sweetened with a drop of vanilla
Now here's how to put these yummies together.
1. Prep the strawberries. If you're hulling lots,
use THIS tip. Slice the strawberries and
macerate them is a bowl. That just means
to sprinkle them with a bit of lemon juice
and sugar, toss to release their juices.
2. Mix up the waffle batter.
3. Heat the waffle iron.
4. Whip the cream adding a little sugar and a bit
5. Bake the waffles, keep them warm in the
oven along with your plates until you assemble.
6. On warmed plate assemble: waffle, whipped
cream, juicy strawberries. Repeat.
7. Dust it all over with powdered sugar.
Links: Facebook, Insatgram, Pinterest,
Between Naps On The Porch