Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Granola

This is my easy recipe for basic granola.
It has none of the things I dislike in granola. 
It only has the ingredients I like; 
Oatmeal, Nuts, Honey, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Oil
 Mix it up in a bowl.
 Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake
until golden and dry to the touch, stirring once.
 Let cool. Break it up and store in an airtight container.
It's nice and crunchy.
Enjoy for breakfast or grab a handful for a snack.
Here you can add what you like;
 sliced bananas, raisins, dried fruit, etc.
Jar some up and give as a gift too.

 My Granola
3C oatmeal
1 C sliced almonds
1 C chopped pecans
1/2 C vegetable/canola oil
1/4 C packed light brown sugar
1/4 C honey
1t cinnamon (or my cinnamon plus)
pinch Kosher/Sea salt (1/4-1/2)
1t vanilla extract
Combine in a large bowl. Spread on baking sheet.
Bake @300 for 35-45 minutes, until golden and dry,
 stirring once. Let cool and break apart.
Store in an airtight container.

You can use any 2 C combination of nuts,
like the almonds, pecans, or pistachios,
walnuts. pumpkin seeds, etc.
(add-ins 1/2C dried cranberries, raisins, after baking)

Enjoy!

click HERE for My Autumn Granola

Links: Facebook
Dittle Dattle, Designs By Gollum,
Funky Junk


3 comments:

  1. Would you believe that I was scouring the internet last night looking for an easy granola recipe? Too many of them had dried berries and other ingredients I don't like. Yours is simple, which I love! I found my go-to granola recipe! Thanks for sharing! Amy

    www.mystylishnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. O' this granola is "simple irresistable",wish I had about a pound right now.
    Enjoyed your Foodie Friday!...
    Plum goodness on Loblolly
    ~JO
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete