Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Cranberry Orange Muffins

This is a nice winter muffin. 
Good during Christmas thru Valentine's Day.
I had a bag of cranberries in the freezer.
 You'll need 1 cup. Cut them in half.
 Ingredients.
 I use a  microplane to get 1 T of orange zest. 
Use your 20% off coupon at BBB and get one. 
They are great. 
 Dry ingredients in one  bowl, wet in another.
 Combine the two but don't over mix.
Stir in the cranberries.
 I'm using heart shaped silicone cupcake molds.
Use your 40% coupon for these at the crafts store.
 Spray with Pam before filling. 
 Not too full (see the line) or they will lose their 
heart shape after baking. I sprinkled some of the
tops with cinnamon sugar. The pink ones.
After baking, let cool 5 minutes. 
They pop right out of the silicone hearts.
 Wash the cups in soapy water or the dishwasher
 and use over and over.
I piled mine into a milk glass bowl as
Then I will stack them and store 
in a glass container.
 The heart shapes were small so I had batter left 
to make two jumbo muffins in glass custard cups.
Store some in the freezer.
But be sure to have one still warm from the oven!

Cranberry Orange Muffins
2-1/2 C flour
1 C sugar
2 t baking soda
Combine in a medium bowl
___________
1/2 C butter (1 stick), melted
2 eggs
3/4 C orange juice
1 T grated orange zest
Whisk together.
Stir into dry ingredients and mix just until
combined. Do not over mix.
Stir in:
1 C cranberries, cut in half
Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins
Sprinkle the tops of some with:
cinnamon sugar
Bake @350 for 20-25 minutes.
Makes 12-15 muffins

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Can you use self-rising flour instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not done that but it should work. Maybe add a little baking soda (1/4-1/2t). The acid in the orange juice requires baking soda. I think that's in self-rising flour. Let me know how they turn out.

      Delete