Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Another great fall oatmeal. 
This one has all the flavors of
pumpkin pie for breakfast.
Oatmeal, milk, brown sugar, pumpkin, and
pumpkin pie spice (I mix my own).
Cook the oatmeal in the microwave then stir
in the brown sugar, pumpkin and spice mix.
Spoon into bowls and top with a toasted pecan half
and a little more milk or half and half.
Serve!
A good tip is to use pet food lids to cover
opened cans for a few days. Use the rest
for pancakes, lattes, muffins, waffles,
or more oatmeal.

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
1/2 C Oatmeal (Quick-1 minute)
1 C milk
2 T brown sugar
2 T pumpkin
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
toppings:
toasted pecans
half and half
Combine oatmeal and milk and cook in the 
microwave for 2-2-1/2 minutes, stirring
once. Remove and stir in brown sugar, pumpkin,
and pumpkin pie spice. Serve topped with pecans 
and additional milk or cream.
2 servings.

Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 T cinnamon
1 t ground cloves
1 t nutmeg
1 t ginger
Mix and store in an empty spice jar.
Easily doubles to make more.

Enjoy!



10 comments:

  1. What a great recipe...I can not wait to try it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful. I popped over from Between Naps on a porch. I will have to try this!! Blessings, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds and looks VERY tasty! I love pumpkin everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy...and your dishes are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look good even though I am not a pumpkin fan nor is Papa . We are more the apple , blueberry and strawberry type, never could require the taste for pumpkin even though I have tryed it every year to see if my tastes have changed, nope not yet ! Have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious - delicious - delicious. One of my favorite ways to have oatmeal in the fall and winter. I hope all your followers will give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fantastic! I will have to try it! Thank you for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this would be fabulous for Overnight Oats!!

    ReplyDelete